Ibiza Clubbing Holiday Survey Reveals Promising Trends For Summer 2010
Ibiza looks set to continue to grow in popularity as a holiday destination, according to the findings of a recent survey conducted by Ibiza holiday guide website Love Ibiza. In a survey of clubbers who had visited Ibiza in 2009 for holidays and working holidays, 45% were visiting Ibiza for the first time and 96% of respondents said that they would be returning to Ibiza for future holidays, meanwhile 78% intend to return to Ibiza for their summer holidays in 2010.
The Ibiza clubbing scene has evolved in recent years from being focused solely on house music to being more inclusive of other genres, this has led to an increase in the popularity of Ibiza outside its traditional core audience. The popularity of Ibiza as a holiday resort among young people does not appear to be negatively impacted by the economic downturn or the increasing price of holidaying in Europe.
A number of other key finding from the survey, titled the 'Ibiza Holiday Census', show:
- Easyjet was the most popular airline for flying from the UK to Ibiza
- Holidaymakers preferred to plan their trips independently using the internet to get the lowest prices on flights and hotels
- The respondents were on the whole satisfied or very satisfied with the service they received on their Ibiza holidays, including flights and accommodation
- Although the summer job market in Ibiza is competitive, the majority of season workers found employment in Ibiza soon after arriving
- Amnesia, which starred in the 'Kevin and Perry' movie set in Ibiza, was named the most popular nightclub by the survey
John McElborough, Editor of the Love Ibiza website said of the findings: “We found it encouraging to see that so many of our members were reporting positive experiences with the various travel companies servicing Ibiza and that a new found variety in the music scene appears to have stimulated the number of first time visitors, as Ibiza has historically been heavily reliant on returning travellers. Along with the interest we have seen in the 2010 season already we would expect this to be a record breaking year for Ibiza tourism.”